WHAT TO DO (AND NOT DO!). WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW!
We’d like to say we know balloons pretty well so we wanted to share a few tips to ensure you make the most of your purchase.
Us Brits love nothing more than to discuss the weather, so let’s start there. Chances are, it’s going to be a bit nippy whenever you receive your balloon, so it’s worth bearing in mind how the cold affects helium balloons. Helium floats due to it being thinner than air, but when it gets cold it makes it dense and therefore heavier than air, causing it to shrivel and sink therefore foil balloons will look deflated, but don’t be alarmed as once returned to the warmth, you’ll hear them start to make little popping noises where the helium is expanding the foil balloon back to its rightful state.
Key things your balloon will not like are; coming into contact with sharp or hot objects, being dragged through doorways, getting trapped in car boots or doors, big or little hands that forget to hold on tight and extreme weather.
Float time of different balloons vary so it is good to know before you order.
11 Inch Latex (Inc. Confetti Filled) the standard party balloon will stay floating for 12- 14 hours. If you are looking to use them for longer period then we recommend that you use Hi-Float on your latex balloons to give them an increased lease of life. Hi-Float will triple the amount of time stated above, however it does not work on confetti filled balloons (Hi-Float + Confetti = gooey balloon mess). All foil and bubble balloons will stay floating for 5-7 days, although they do wrinkle up a bit but still float for the duration.
Follow these easy steps to ensure you make the most of your bouquet. All good things come to an end; make sure to follow these few simple instructions to ensure the longevity and beauty of your flowers.
- Choose an appropriate place for your flowers. Avoid direct sunlight and cold draughts, as well as any ripening fruit – find a suitable container for your blooms.
- Mix flower food with the water before placing your flowers in the container. If flower food is not available, use sugar – it is essentially the same thing!
- Remove your flowers from the pack. Do not re-use the water or gel bubbles in the pack – you can dispose of them with your biodegradable garden waste.
- Always cut the stems at a 45 degree angle before placing them into water. This maximises the amount of water the flowers can draw through their stems.
- Check your flowers on a daily basis. Check for wilting heads, replace the water, re-cut the stems and clean the container every two to three days.
Cakes and Cupcakes
We can supply you with 1 to 1000+ tasty treats including; Cheesecakes, Muffins, Cookies, Celebration Cakes, Tarts, Loafs, Cupcakes, Traditional Puddings, Pastries, Birthday Cakes, Desserts, Tray bakes, and many more!!
You can choose from a wide range of Gluten, Eggless, Dairy Free, Vegan, & Halal options too and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, get in touch with us and we will help you chose the best cake suitable for your event. Some points to remember before placing an order for our cakes and cupcakes:
- We require a minimum of 24 hours for any cakes and cupcakes order.
- Our products are made in a busy environment where GLUTEN, NUTS, PEANUTS, SESAME and other ALLERGENIC ingredients are used. Due to the nature of our food operation, we cannot fully guarantee that any food will be 100% completely free from any allergens.
- We recommend you enjoy all of our products within 48 hours of purchase – we very much doubt in most homes or offices they will last much longer anyway! If you’re planning to eat your cupcakes or cake on the day, keep them cool and dry.